One of the most eye-catching custom trucks in the world just sold for millions at an overseas auction.
Thor24, a highly customized 1984 Peterbuilt 359, was sold for a whopping $12 million to an unnamed buyer at the Worldwide Auctioneers event in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Fox News reports.
The auction was part of a five day automotive show featuring historic, rare, and custom vehicles from around the world.
The truck was built by entrepreneur Mike Harrah, who says that he put seven years of work and $7 million into the truck. The Thor24 truck features swords, battle axes, skulls, and graphics of Norse gods in battle.
View this post on Instagram
Pic 1 of 3: I recently shot these photos and vids for a #HotRodMagazine feature in #LakeHavasuCity of the #THOR24 custom semi, which is powered by two V-12 engines (1700 cubic inches!) topped with #8-71 blowers and a #NOS system, with an estimated 3400-horsepower! A 10,000-pound motor in a 28,000-pound truck! It’s pretty amazing to see (and hear) it drive down the road! See it go down the road on YouTube: look for “THOR24 Movie Trailer”. #HotRod #blower #blown #HotRodMag #StreetRodder #horsepower #V12 #StreetRod #StreetRodderMag #HotRodder #StreetRodderMagazine #SemiTruck #Semi #Semis
Here are the truck specifications listed on the THOR24 website:
- V24-71 Detroit Diesel
- Original, one-of-a-kind 1979 Peterbilt 359 crew cab (custom-stretched)
- 1933 custom-built Ford Grill Tribute
- 12 x 871 superchargers
- 3,974 horsepower
- Maximum speed: 130 mph
- 4 drag-chutes (12-feet in diameter)
- 7 years in the making
- $7 million in actual hard costs
- Completely chrome-plated and polished aluminum and stainless-steel undercarriage
- Hawker jet-engine Auxiliary Power Unit (APU)
- 44-feet long
- 32,000 lbs.
- 1,500-watt per channel, 110-volt world-class sound system
- 7 movie screens, including a 40-inch movie screen
You can get a closer look at the Thor24 truck in the video below.
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.