The American Trucking Associations, along with the ATA Technology and Maintenance Council announced they would be celebrating the first-ever National Technician Appreciation Week September 21-25.
In an announcement on September 16, the ATA said they planned to celebrate the inaugural week with a series of virtual events and educational sessions.
The week-long celebration provides the opportunity to thank and appreciate professional technicians for their hard work of keeping the freight in our nation moving. It’s a chance for the industry to recognize the commitment of technicians as well as attract potential new talent to the field.
“Professional technicians ensure that drivers are able to travel safely – which has always been, and remains our highest priority,” said ATA President and CEO Chris Spear.
The virtual series includes webinars throughout the week:
- (Sept. 21) Aftertreatment Diagnostics & Maintenance – This session will cover diagnostic and maintenance procedures for today’s commercial vehicle aftertreatment systems. We’ll cover diesel particulate filtration as well as diesel exhaust fluid and related systems.
- (Sept. 22) Electrical System Diagnostics — This session will cover diagnostic and maintenance practices for today’s commercial vehicle electrical systems. We’ll cover starting, charging, lighting and other electrical-related systems.
- (Sept. 23) Vehicle Data Network Diagnostics — This session will present diagnostic approaches for dealing with today’s onboard vehicle electronic and data network systems used on commercial vehicles.
- (Sept. 24) Collision Mitigation Systems — This session will provide an overview of commercial vehicle collision mitigation systems, their operation, maintenance and diagnostic procedures.
- (Sept. 25) How to Prepare for ASE Certification Testing — This session will provide guidelines on how to prepare for ASE master technician certification testing, presented by ASE-experts.
The occasion will also recognize the industry’s most exceptional technicians.
Stakeholders are asked to nominate ‘Technician Superstars’ who exemplify the highest levels of excellence and professionalism. Winners will be selected for three categories: heavy-duty, trailer, and light/medium duty. The technician with the highest score on the ASE Preventive Maintenance Master Technician Certification Test for 2020 and this year’s diesel tech winner of the TechForce Foundation’s FutureTechs Rock Awards will also be recognized.
“We are proud and beyond excited to launch this important week and dedicate a time to say ‘thank you’ to the professional technicians that are so integral to the trucking industry,” said TMC Executive Director Robert Braswell. “Professional technicians are the unsung heroes. Like a well-oiled machine, they keep business moving and trucks on the road. TMC is honored to showcase these important individuals, and highlight the significant impact they have.”
Click here to register for sessions
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.