The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued recalls for several models of tractor trailer, motor homes, and even emergency vehicles.
The recalls were issued Monday, August 31st, and potentially affect 3,850 Daimler, Kovatch, Navistar, and Thor vehicles.
Daimler Trucks North America has issued a recall on instrument panels, stating that “the instrument panel brightness cannot be adjusted, possibly causing glare when driving at night… These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard. Potentially 1,715 vehicles are affected by this recall.”
Potentially affected Daimler vehicles include:
- 2018-2019 Freightliner Custom Chassis XCL, XCP, XCR & XCS.
- 2015-2019 Custom Chassis XCM vehicles.
Kovatch Mobile Equipment has issued a recall on certain Code 3 7×9 Stop-Tail-Turn Reverse All-in-One LED stop, tail, turn, and reverse lights in some of their emergency and firefighting vehicles. The recall states that “the lights may be too bright, exceeding the maximum light output allowed which may adversely affect the vision of drivers. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Potentially 38 vehicles are affected by this recall.”
Potentially affected emergency vehicles include:
- 2017-2020 Commercial Pumper.
- 2017-2020 Predator SS Rescue.
- 2018 Predator Panther Pumper.
- 2018 Commercial Skid.
- 2018-2020 Predator SS Aerial.
- 2020 Predator Panther Tanker.
- 2016 Predator Panther Aerial & Commercial Rescue.
- 2015-2019 Commercial Tanker.
- 2018-2019 Commercial Wildland.
- 2017 Predator SS Chassis.
- 2018-2021 Predator SS Pumper.
Navistar has issued a recall on their SL2065 steerable lift axle suspension systems with a 20,000lb capacity. The recall states that “The lower rear pivot cap screws that connect the trailing arm to the steerable auxiliary lift axle that may not be long enough to sufficiently engage the locking feature of the corresponding nuts. The short screws can cause the hardware to separate from the suspension system and become road hazards, increasing the risk of a crash and/or injury. potentially 36 vehicles are affected by this recall.”
Potentially affected Navistar trucks include:
- 2020-2021 International HX.
Thor Motor Coach has issued a recall on a electronic control center circuit board, stating that it: may be damaged from voltages over 17 volts or a reverse polarity situation. A damaged circuit board could increase the risk of a fire. Potentially 2,061 vehicles are affected by this recall.”
Potentially affected Thor Motor Homes include:
- 2019-2021 Hurricane motor homes, models 7B, 29M, 32T, 33X, 34J, 34R & 35M.
- 2019-2021 Windsport motor homes, models 27B, 29M, 32T, 33X, 34J, 34R & 35M.