With a potentially devastating hurricane headed for Texas and Louisiana, major truck stop chains are announcing closures and limited services at some locations.
Hurricane Laura is expected to develop into a severe Category 4 storm when it makes landfall near the Texas/Louisiana border sometime late Wednesday or early Thursday.
In anticipation of the destructive storm, some truck stops are announcing closures or offering limited services.
As of 11 a.m. on August 26, here’s the latest from the major truck stop chains.
- Hardee’s at Love’s 243 in Iowa/Lake Charles, Louisiana, is temporarily closed.
- Arby’s at Love’s 363 in Vinton, Louisiana, is temporarily closed.
- Love’s 696 in Beaumont, Texas
- Love’s 523 in Duson, Louisiana
- Love’s 243 in Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Love’s 362 in Vinton, Louisiana
- Love’s 663 in Port Barre, Louisiana
- Love’s 240 in Port Allen, Louisiana
- Speedco 923 in Hammond, Louisiana
- Love’s 481 in Deer Park, Texas
- Love’s 401 in Baytown, Texas
- Love’s 315 in Houston, Texas
- Love’s 419 in Houston, Texas
- Love’s 665 in Angleton, Texas
You can view the latest Love’s closure information at loves.com/weather.
Pilot Flying J
The following store is temporarily CLOSED:
• Store #735 – Orange, Texas ( fuel only with no amenities)
The following location is now OPEN:
• Store #431 – Orange, Texas (restaurant closed)
Follow Pilot Flying J on Facebook for the latest information.
Travel Centers of America
Petro Beaumont in Texas, at I-10, Exit 848 at Walden Road, is closed due to a Hurricane Emergency Evacuation Order in the area.
Though it is unrelated to the hurricane, the store and restaurant are closed at TA Seymour in Indiana, at I-65, Exit 5 due to an electrical fire.
You can keep track of the latest TA location information here.