This week, several fires broke out in Oregon. Today, Oregon has 37 active fires. The fires have destroyed nearly half a million acres.
On Tuesday, the fires forced the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) to close down I-5 just north of the California/Oregon border for the Glendower Fire as it burned near Ashland. The fire caused massive amounts of smoke to blanket the area, many truck drivers reportedly left their vehicles parked on I-5 and fled.
Several truck drivers shared pictures of the Oregon fires on the CDLLife App.
CDLLife App user Jeff S. shared this picture. The picture was taken yesterday in Woodbury, Oregon.
In a separate post on the CDLLife App, Jeff S. said, “Unloading in Woodbury, Oregon. The pictures don’t really do it justice, it’s actually pitch black from all the smoke. You can see ash falling from the sky like it’s snow.”
CDLLife App user John G. shared this picture. He said the picture was taken at mile marker 200.
“I got to Albany and got out of the truck to load and the parking lot was covered in ash,” John G’s post states.
Andrew Carter shared this picture with the CDLLife App community. “I-5, exit 199. September 8 at 2:00 pm.”
See a list of road closures related to wild fires in the state of Oregon below.
- Santiam Highway (OR 20) between Sweet Home and Santiam Junction
- McKenzie Highway (OR 126) 4 miles west of McKenzie Bridge MP 47
- McKenzie Highway (OR 126) intersection with Santiam Highway (OR 20) MP 0-13
- Highway 22 intersection with Santiam Highway (OR 20) MP 82-13
- Oregon 99, 2 miles north of Phoenix MP 9-17
- Oregon 211 between Hayden Road and Highway 213
- Oregon 213 intersection with Woodburn – Estacada Highway MP 16
- Oregon 138, 2 miles west of Glide MP 16-47
- Oregon 97 north of Klamath Falls
- Oregon 224 east of Estacada MP 27-50
- Oregon 18 between MP 1-5
- Oregon 138 intersection with West Diamond Lake Highway MP 83
- Oregon 242, 6 miles west of Sisters MP 85-55
- Oregon 213, 4 miles north of Mulino MP 7-8
- Oregon 62, 5 miles west of intersection with The Dalles-California Highway MP 99
- Oregon 126, 9 miles east of Vida MP 35
- U.S. 20, 8 miles east of Tombstone SnoPark MP 71-26
- U.S. 97, 15 miles south of intersection with East Diamond Lake Highway MP 228-249
Please click here to access Oregon TripCheck for the most up to date travel information.