The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) announced that several rest areas will be shutting down for accessibility upgrades.
MDOT says that they will temporarily close five rest areas this month for external renovations to keep the facilities in compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- The #Cadillac Rest Area on northbound US-131 in #WexfordCounty will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 7 – Tuesday, Sept. 28.
- The #Ludington Rest Area on northbound US-31 in #MasonCounty will be closed Thursday, Sept. 9 – Tuesday, Sept. 28.
- The #Hart Rest Area on southbound US-31 in #OceanaCounty will be closed Friday, Sept. 10 – Tuesday, Sept. 28.
- The #Tustin Rest Area on southbound US-131 in #OsceolaCounty will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 8 – Tuesday, Sept. 28.
- The #Watervliet Rest Area on westbound I-94 in #BerrienCounty will be closed Thursday, Sept. 9 – Wednesday, Sept. 29.
- ADA improvements will be made at the #NewBuffalo Welcome Center on eastbound I-94 in #BerrienCounty Tuesday, Sept. 28 -Monday, Nov. 1, but the facility will remain open.
“As ADA standards continue to evolve and be updated since the act was signed into law in 1990, MDOT will continue to implement these new standards as resources allow,” MDOT said.