Truckers wanting to travel on the Ohio Turnpike on Thursday into Friday morning should be aware of travel restrictions in place for high profile vehicles.
Effective at 3 p.m. on Thursday, the Ohio Turnpike issued a travel ban for all high-profile from Toll Plaza 2 to Toll Plaza 239. The travel ban was issued due to weather.
The travel ban will remain in place until 1 a.m. on Friday.
The travel ban is in place for the following vehicle types:
- All triple-trailer combination commercial vehicles
- Box-type double-trailer combination commercial vehicles in excess of ninety (90) feet in length.
- Mobile home / Office trailers.
- Boat and horse trailers towed by passenger vehicles or pickup trucks.
- High-profile campers and enclosed trailers, which are defined as trailers designed for a person of average height to stand in.
Vehicle that are excluded from the travel ban include commercial trucks towing single flatbed or box-type trailers, flatbed double-trailer combinations in excess of ninety feet and any double-trailer combination commercial vehicles less than ninety feet.