The website truckdriversalary.com provides a ranking of the highest paying trucking companies in the U.S. based on what drivers take home yearly and hourly.
The company says that they use “multiple third party tools” to collect company salary data and that individual pay rates can vary based on factors like driver experience and location.
Here’s the current list of the top 10 companies in the U.S. according to the site’s pay ranking.
- Sysco — $87,204 annual salary/$41.93 per hour.
- Wal-Mart — $86,000 annual salary/$41.35 per hour.
- GP Transco — $84,000 annual salary/$40.38 per hour.
- Epes Transport — $83,921 annual salary/$40.35 per hour.
- Mercer Transportation — $83,740 annual salary/$40.26 per hour.
- Grand Island Express — $83,000 annual salary/$39.91 per hour.
- ATS Trucking — $80,000 annual salary/$38.46 per hour.
- Brady Trucking — $79,906 annual salary/$38.42 per hour.
- Western Express — $79,628 annual salary/$38.28 per hour.
- DOT Foods Transportation — $77,807 annual salary/$37.41 per hour.
TruckDriverSalary.com says that median annual driver pay in 2020 was $59,158 (or $1,137 per week), based on “over 6.5 million salaries submitted from truckers online and job boards.”
You can view the website’s trucking company pay rankings here.
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.