The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has implemented truck travel restrictions ahead of winter weather.
With icy conditions on the way, PennDOT issued vehicle restrictions for multiple interstates, effective at noon on Monday, February 22.
Tier 1 vehicle restrictions are in place on the following interstates:
• Interstate 80 east of I-81 junction in Luzerne County to the New Jersey line
• Entire length of 81 in Lackawanna, Luzerne and Susquehanna Counties
• Entire length of 84 in Lackawanna, Wayne and Pike Counties
• Entire length of 380 in Lackawanna and Wayne Counties
The following vehicle types are not allowed when Tier 1 restrictions are in place:
• Tractors without trailers
• Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers
• Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers
• Enclosed cargo delivery trucks that meet the definition of a CMV
• Passenger vehicles (cars, SUV’s, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers
• Recreational vehicles/motorhomes
• School buses, commercial buses and motor coaches not carrying chains or Alternate Traction Devices (ATD’s)
Keep up to date with the latest travel information from PennDOT at www.511pa.com.