The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) announced the two winning companies in their annual ranking of the top for-hire North American trucking companies to drive for.
This year, the TCA named Illinois-based Nussbaum Transportation in the large carrier category and Massachusetts-based Boyle Transportation in the small carrier category as the co-winners of the “Best Fleets to Drive For” contest.
announcement of the top two fleets came on September 27 during the 2021 Truckload Carriers Association Annual Convention in Las Vegas.
Nussbaum, which employs 417 drivers, has been ranked as top large carrier to drive for two years in a row.
Boyle, which employs 145 drivers, was named as the top fleet to drive for in the small carrier category for the second year in a row.
In January 2021, the TCA released their listing of the top 20 “Best Fleets to Drive For.” The trucking companies in the top 20 list were all nominated by drivers. From there, driver feedback, interviews with company management, benefits, and advancement opportunities were all taken into consideration to choose the top companies.
Top 20 For-Hire U.S. Trucking Companies
- American Central Transport – Kansas City, Missouri
- Bison Transport – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation – Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. – Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger – Cambridge, Ontario
- Chief Carriers, Inc. – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Erb Transport – New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. – Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. – Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation, Inc. – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking, Inc. – Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. – Superior, Wisconsin
- Jetco Delivery LLC – Houston, Texas
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. – Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. – Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. – Defiance, Ohio
- Transpro Freight Systems Limited – Milton, Ontario
- Wellington Motor Freight – Aberfoyle, Ontario
- Wilson Logistics, Inc. – Springfield, MO
The TCA and CarriersEdge listed five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions):
- AirTime Express – Mississauga, Ontario
- Boyd Bros. Transportation – Clayton, Alabama
- Carbon Express, Inc. – Wharton, New Jersey
- K & J Trucking – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Western Dairy Transport – Cabool, Missouri
TCA and CarriersEdge also noted that Grand Island Express has achieved 10 consecutive years on the Best Fleets to Drive For list. Garner Trucking was also recognized for 5 consecutive years on the list