19.4 C
New York

Carelessly thrown cigarette ignites truck trailer, loading dock 

Published:

A trailer and a loading dock were damaged in a fire caused by an improperly discarded cigarette on Thursday afternoon. 

The fire started at the Manhattan, Kansas Goodwill at 421 East Poyntz on April 7th. 

According to KSNT News, a trailer in the loading dock was burned, but the Manhattan fire Department was able to put out the blaze without any injuries. 

Dry conditions and strong winds in the area have made for dangerous fire conditions. Firefighters urge residents to properly dispose of smoking materials in a bucket of sand or water. No information regarding citations issues in the incident has been released.

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

Get the hottest daily trucking news

This Week in Trucking

Videos