A large number of out of service orders were issued during a law enforcement operation focusing on commercial motor vehicles in Texas this week.
On Monday, February 07, 2022, troopers with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Highway Patrol conducted a commercial vehicle enforcement effort in Winkler County focusing on traffic violations, equipment violations and penal code violations.
The Winkler County Sheriff’s Office shared a tally of the results from the one day effort, which you can view below.
- CMV’S INSPECTED – 90
- DL VIOLATIONS – 10
- DRIVERS PLACED OUT OF SERVICE – 10
- EQUIPMENT VIOLATIONS – 455
- FMCSR VIOLATIONS – 19
- HAZMAT VIOLATION – 13
- OVERWEIGHT – 5
- REGISTRATION VIOLATIONS – 42
- CMV’S/TRAILERS PLACED OUT OF SERVICE -64
- CMV’s WEIGHED – 5
- ARRESTS – 1
- A MALE INDIVIDUAL WAS TAKEN INTO CUSTODY AND CHARGED WITH 2 FELONIES AND 1 MISDEMEANOR [11.8LBS OF THC EDIBLES 2.093LBS OF MARIJUANA, AND UNLAWFUL CARRY OF A WEAPON]