If you’re interested in applying for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) Truck Leasing Task Force (TLTF), you have a little more time to submit your application.
The FMCSA will now be accepting TLTF applications through May 13, 2022. The previous deadline was May 6.
The TLTF will be asked to evaluate the impacts of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) lease agreements and discuss best practices for future agreements.
The agency is looking for at least ten members representing labor organizations, motor carriers, consumer protection groups, legal professionals, owner-operators, and other relevant businesses.
“The Task Force will be instrumental in expanding our understanding of the financial impacts of truck leasing and will reinforce our commitment to quality of life and safety for professional truck drivers,” said FMCSA Acting Administrator Robin Hutcheson. “We ask those who are interested in joining to reach out so we can better support CMV drivers together.”
The goals of the TLTF include:
- Exploring predatory truck leasing arrangements in coordination with DOL and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Evaluating common truck lease agreements and their terms, identifying and reviewing those that are potentially inequitable in the motor carrier industry
- Reviewing agreements available to drayage drivers at ports
- Studying the impact of truck leasing agreements on the net compensation of commercial motor vehicle drivers
- Examining truck leasing arrangements and financing arrangements among motor carriers, entry-level drivers, driver training providers, and others involved in the industry
- Assessing resources that assist CMV drivers in reviewing the financial impacts of leasing agreements
For more information on how to apply for the TLTF, click here.