13.5 C
New York

Man arrested in underwear after murder, car-jacking, assaulting trucker in cab 


A man was arrested over the weekend after a one-man crime spree that left one person dead and others shaken up in Dallas. 

The string of incidents occurred on August 28th in Dallas, Texas in the very early hours of the morning. The suspect, 27-year-old Ryan Glover, was arrested just before 2 a.m.

According to Fox 4, Glover was taken down by security guards at a nearby business off of Interstate 35 east and Royal Lane after they noticed him climb “into the semi-truck and sat in the passenger seat saying, ‘Help me.”

“Glover started hitting the driver, and that’s when security guards from a nearby business got involved and ordered him out of the big rig,” investigators explained. 

Bystander Kale Beneke recorded the video of Glover’s takedown, which included tasers, pepper spray, and a tackle. The tasers and pepper spray did not appear to phase Glover, who kept approaching the security guards, so they eventually got him on the ground and restrained him. 

“It could have been a lot different. It could have went a lot more south,” Beneke said. “We didn’t want anybody to get hurt. We didn’t want him to get shot.”

At the time of the takedown, Glover had just crashed his own car into another vehicle, abandoned his car, “walked in front of [an] F-150, produced a firearm from his boxer briefs…and pointed it at [the driver],” before taking off with the pickup and then crashing it. It was then that Glover climbed into the semi truck, an affidavit states.  

What the security guards who restrained Glover did not know was that he had allegedly just committed a murder at his apartment less than an hour prior. Investigators say Glover killed 26-year-old Jacquan Hudson inside Glover’s apartment off Winding Brook Circle in North Oak Cliff. 

Records show that Glover’s neighbors heard three gunshots at approximately 1:14 a.m. but did not contact authorities. Police were not called until someone found the victim, 26-year-old Jacquan Hudson, dead inside of the apartment with multiple gunshot wounds. 

When questioned about the incident, Glover told police that he got home from work for a lunch break during a night shift between 8 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. and he spent it “in his apartment, and everything was fine.” He then got off work later that night and was heading to his girlfriend’s house when “his head began to spin, and he does not remember what happened afterwards.” 

Reports show that Hudson had been staying at Glover’s apartment for a few days. Court documents show two guns and a bag of marijuana were found inside the apartment, and that Glover made several phone calls before the string of crimes. One person police spoke to says that Glover sounded like he was under the influence of something during their call. 

Glover is currently in jail facing murder and other charges.


Get the hottest daily trucking news

This Week in Trucking