The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has issued travel restrictions for certain vehicle types for Wednesday evening due to winter weather.
Starting at 6 p.m. on November 16, Tier 1 vehicle travel restrictions will be put into place on I-90 from the Ohio state line to the New York state line.
The following vehicle types are not allowed on the roadway when Tier 1 restrictions are in place:
- Tractors without trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers
- Enclosed unloaded or lightly loaded cargo delivery trucks/box trucks that meet the definition of a CMV
- Passenger vehicles (cars, SUV’s, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers;
- Recreational vehicles/motorhomes
- School buses, commercial buses and motor coaches
Speed limits will be reduced to 45 m.p.h. on I-90. Commercial vehicles that are are not affected by the Tier 1 travel restrictions must stay in the right lane of the interstate.
The travel restrictions will remain in place until the weather improves, PennDOT says.
For more travel information from PennDOT, please visit www.511PA.com.