The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) has issued a series of vehicle travel restrictions that go into effect Thursday evening.
Ahead of an approaching winter storm, PennDOT plans to implement travel restrictions for certain vehicle types beginning at 5 p.m. on Thursday, February 24.
Effective at 5:00 PM on Thursday, February 24, Tier 1 restrictions are in place for:
- The entire length of Interstate 99
Effective at 7:00 PM on Thursday, February 24, Tier 1 restrictions are in place for:
- I-79 from I-80 to I-90
- The entire length of I-80
- I-81 from I-78 to the New York border
- The entire length of I-84
- The entire length of I-180
- The entire length of I-380
- The entire length of Route 33
The restrictions will remain in place until further notice from PennDOT.
Under Tier 1 restrictions, the following vehicles are not permitted on affected roadways:
- Tractors without trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers
- Enclosed cargo delivery trucks that meet the definition of a CMV
- Passenger vehicles (cars, SUV’s, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers
- Recreational vehicles/motorhomes
- School buses, commercial buses and motor coaches not carrying chains or Alternate Traction Devices (ATD’s)
Keep up with the latest travel information from PennDOT at www.511PA.com.