This week, the Pilot Company announced the completion of full store remodels at six locations nationwide.
On August 8, Pilot announced that six stores have been overhauled as part of the larger “New Horizons” project. When “New Horizons” was announced in March of 2022, Pilot said that the company would spend $1 billion to remodel 400 stores over the course of 3 years, with plans to renovate 50 stores in 2022.
Pilot said that they completed renovations on the six stores in part by “incorporating feedback from professional drivers and guests to add more fresh food options and upgrade the overall store experience.”
In addition to interior and exterior improvements, Pilot highlighted key upgrades at each of the six truck stops:
- Bakersfield, California: New kitchen for team member to prepare an expanded menu of fresh food, updated laundry facilities, and newly added quick-serve restaurant brands
- Battle Creek, Michigan: Newly added deli with grab-and-go options for made-in-house hot and cold foods, expanded beverage selection, and updated check-out area
- Cartersville, Georgia: Enhanced deli with grab-and-go options for hot and cold foods, expanded beverage selection, and fully remodeled Subway
- Corbin, Kentucky: Upgraded deli with additional grab-and-go items, four new self-checkouts, and all-new Burrito Junction deli concept
- Phoenix, Arizona: Upgraded deli with additional grab-and-go items, expanded beverage selection, and four new self-checkouts
- Staunton, Virginia: New kitchen for team member to prepare an expanded menu of fresh food and grab-and-go cold items, expanded beverage selection, four new self-checkouts, and full remodeled Arby’s
The Corbin store features a new deli concept called Burrito Junction that serves customers 24/7, featuring “everything from customizable breakfast burritos in the morning to a full choice menu of burritos, tacos, bowls, and quesadillas that can be personalized with house-made guacamole, queso, salsa and an array of toppings.”
“With every store that we remodel, we take care to make improvements that will better serve our guests and team members now and into the future,” said Allison Cornish, VP of Store Modernization at Pilot Company. “It’s amazing to see the transformations and to see the progress as we ramp up renovations at more travel centers across our network.”
For more on the $1 billion “New Horizons” project, check out the video below.