The group Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF) recently released the results of a poll looking at how the American public perceives the trucking industry.
TMAF, an organization that focuses on promoting a positive image of trucking, commissioned research into the public impressions of the trucking industry in September 2022 and released the results on November 3.
“The image of the trucking industry is at an all-time high!” TMAF stated.
Here are some key findings from TMAF:
- 87% of voters have a favorable impression of the trucking industry.
- 97% of Americans believe the trucking industry plays a “very important” role in the country’s economy.
- Three-quarters of Americans rate the industry’s safety record as “excellent” or “good.”
- 96% of Americans stated that truck drivers are essential to keeping the country’s economy moving.
- 85% consider truck drivers to be professionals.
- 78% believe that truck drivers have higher standards for safety than other drivers.
- When voters were asked which group of workers should be considered “essential or critical” to the country in times of crisis, trucking ranked top three along with grocery store workers and healthcare workers.
- More than 40% of Americans say they know someone who works in the trucking industry, and their impression is more favorable of the industry at 87%.