The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) is looking ahead to International Roadcheck and several other major truck inspection and enforcement efforts scheduled for 2023.
Each year, the CVSA holds numerous events throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico intended to improve highway safety by cracking down on vehicle and driver violations.
Here are the dates you need to know:
- Human Trafficking Awareness Initiative is scheduled for January 9 — 13, 2023 in the U.S. and February 20 — 24, 2023 in Canada. This program seeks to reduce human trafficking in North America through coordinated enforcement and investigative and educational awareness measures within the commercial motor vehicle industry.
- International Roadcheck is scheduled for May 16 — 18, 2023. Roadcheck is the largest targeted enforcement program on commercial motor vehicles in the world, with nearly 15 trucks or buses inspected, on average, every minute across North America during a 72-hour period.
- Operation Safe Driver Week is scheduled for July 9 — 15, 2023. During Operation Safe Driver Week, law enforcement personnel will be on the lookout for commercial motor vehicle drivers and passenger vehicle drivers engaging in risky driving.
- Brake Safety Week is scheduled for August 20 — 26, 2023. During Brake Safety Week, commercial motor vehicle inspectors conduct brake system inspections (primarily Level IV Inspections) on large trucks and buses throughout North America to identify brake-system violations.
- Unannounced one-day brake safety enforcement initiative — This can be held at any time during the year and also involves inspectors checking brakes to identify brake violations. The previous surprise brake safety day took place on April 27, 2022.
You can click here to learn more about the CVSA’s inspection programs.