As National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (TDAW) draws closer, major truck stop chains are planning giveaways for September and beyond to celebrate the efforts of professional drivers.
Love’s Travel Stops
Love’s has announced plans to celebrate TDAW throughout the month of September.
“We look forward to National Truck Driver Appreciation Week each year because it’s one way we say, ‘thank you,’ to professional truck drivers who are essential to the country’s success,” said Jon Archard, Love’s vice president of fleet sales. “This year is special because it’s our biggest points giveaway ever and we’ve launched a brand focused on keeping drivers and their trucks safe on the road.”
See below for some of the deals Love’s has announced:
- Fresh food and drink deals September 12 — 16.
- Free hot sandwich or fresh salad with an oil change Sept. 12 — 16.
- Discounts on Amarillo Supply Co. products throughout September and October.
- Free Amarillo Supply Co. hat with the purchase of a 3-pack of gloves for $9.99, or any of the six Amarillo Supply Co. safety items promoted at 15% off, throughout the month and through October.
Amarillo Supply Co. includes key items that professional truck drivers need to maintain their trucks while delivering essential goods across the country. The brand will initially feature a variety of air hoses and a blow gun kit and be sold at all travel stop locations across the country. In spring 2023, the brand will grow to include around 40 additional items.
Love’s will also give away 23.5 million My Love Rewards (MLR) points in September, with drivers automatically entered into the giveaway every time they swipe their My Love Reward card.
- Sept. 9 one customer will win 250,000 MLR points ($2,500 retail value).
- Sept. 16 one customer will win 500,000 MLR points ($5,000 retail value).
- Sept. 23 one customer will win 750,000 MLR points ($7,500 retail value).
- Sept. 30 one customer will receive a grand prize of 1,000,000 MLR points ($10,000 retail value)
Learn more about the Love’s September rewards/giveaways here.
Pilot Flying J
Pilot also has deals in store for drivers for September 1 through October 31 as part of an “extended” Truck Driver Appreciation celebration.
“Professional drivers go further every day to deliver more than 70 percent of the goods this country depends on, and we want to show how much we appreciate all they do,” said Shameek Konar, Pilot Company CEO. “Thank you to our very own Pilot drivers and all the professional drivers out there for trucking through even the toughest times. We are honored to serve you, and we’re going even further this Driver Appreciation to celebrate your immense contributions.”
Other Truck Driver Appreciation savings/rewards include:
- Up to three free drink choices in the myRewards PlusTM app each week (September 1 through October 31, 2022) including Pilot fountain drinks and coffee, sodas, energy drinks and waters.
- Earn up to 500 bonus points in September with new activated in-app challenges
- Discounts on various deli food items all September using the myRewards PlusTM app, including a 50% discount during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (Sept. 11 – 17, 2022).
- In October, earn even more points (up to 5 points per gallon) when fueling after activating PushForPoints™ in the myRewards PlusTM app.
- Free Safe and Road Ready Checks in September by Southern Tire Mart at Pilot Flying J. With every check completed, drivers will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of three sets of Bridgestone premium steer tires.