Iowa State Patrol Commercial Motor Vehicle Unit (ISPCMVU) is asking CMV drivers to do better and make sure that their loads are secure before they begin traveling.
In an October 13 social media post, ISPCMVU shared images of a pair of skid loaders without any apparent load securement.
“An obvious out of service and potential citation to avoid is to secure your load! Taking a few minutes to secure items can save lives and property!” ISPCMVU said.
Several social media users took a moment to leave a comment after taking a look at the unsecured loads. Check out what they had to say below.
- “So Bluetooth binders are not allowed in Iowa?”
- “C’mon…it’s not like trailers flex or bounce or anything that might shift the load…”
- “I see stuff like this everyday. I try to tell people and they just don’t care. Makes me furious because we all have families out here driving on these roads.”
- “Oh come on they set the parking brake. Sheesh.”
- “It’s all the mindset of it’s heavy it won’t go anywhere. Idc if I’m going a mile or 100 miles., everything gets strapped down.”
- “Gravity is not an approved method!”