The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will restrict certain types of vehicles from traveling on interstates starting tonight ahead of a winter storm.
Starting at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, February 27, PennDOT will implement Tier 1 travel restrictions on the following roadways:
- I-81 beginning at the I-84 interchange in Dunmore, Lackawanna County to the New York state line in Susquehanna County
- I-84 in Lackawanna, Wayne, and Pike counties
The following vehicles are included in the Tier 1 travel restrictions:
- Tractors without trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers, or tank trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers
- Enclosed unloaded or lightly loaded cargo delivery trucks/box trucks that meet the definition of a CMV
- Passenger vehicles (cars, SUVs, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers
- Recreational vehicles/motorhomes
- School buses, commercial buses, and motor coaches
The travel restrictions will remain in place until further notice from PennDOT.
You can visit www.511PA.com for the latest travel information from PennDOT.