TravelCenters of America (TA) is helping truckers prepare for next month’s CVSA International Roadcheck by offering free CMV inspection services at participating locations.
From April 15 through May 15, TA Truck Service locations located in TA truck stops and Petro Stopping Centers will offer free mid-trip inspection services.
TA is offering the free service to help drivers through CVSA International Roadcheck (May 16-18, 2023). This is the nation’s largest truck inspection blitz, with nearly 15 trucks and motorcoaches inspected, on average, every minute across North America during a 72-hour period.
TA says that mid-trip inspections include checks on the following parts:
- Tires– Ensure proper pressure and tread depth, and spot damage or wear early.
- Brakes– Test the entire system for performance, functionality, safety, and compliance.
- Fluids — Look out for oil, coolant, and other fluid leaks, or signs of contamination.
- Electrical System– Verify that the battery, alternator, wiring, connectors, lights, and signals are functioning.
- Suspension — Detect any damage or malfunction in the shocks and other suspension components.
- Cargo– Be sure your vehicle’s cargo is secured properly to avoid safety hazards on the road.
You can click here to find a participating service location and schedule an inspection now.