Popular convenience store chain Buc-ee’s will be opening multiple new locations across the U.S. in the months to come.
Buc-ee’s has plans for a major expansion of new travel centers into established and new states, including several mega-sized locations of 74,000 square feet or more.
Where Will The New Buc-ee’s Stores Be Located?
Over the coming months and years, the company plans numerous store openings, including new or rebuilt stores in the following locations:
- Ocala, Florida — This store will occupy a whopping 80,000 square feet. It is expected to open in 2024
- Smiths Grove, Kentucky — Expect this store to open in the summer of 2024.
- Johnstown, Colorado — This will be the first-ever Buc-ee’s in the state of Colorado. It is slated to open in 2024.
- Harrison County, Mississippi. This will be the first Buc-ee’s in Mississippi.
- Boerne, Texas — Construction is expected to be complete by October 2024.
- Hillsboro, Texas — Expected to open in summer 2024.
- Springfield, Missouri — This will be Missouri’s first Buc-ee’s expected to open in early 2024.
- Huber Heights, Ohio — This store will be Ohio’s first Buc-ee’s and will occupy 74,000 square feet. The space was previously intended to host a new truck stop.
- Luling, Texas — Luling has had a 35,000 square foot store for decades, but the new Luling Buc-ee’s under development will occupy 75,000 square feet.
- Rockingham County, Virginia — This will be a 74,000 square foot store opening in 2025.
While Buc-ee’s has developed a cult following for its clean facilities and expansive food choices, the store famously does not provide truck parking and is not considered “trucker friendly” — more on that here.
In June 2023, Buc-ee’s opened a new store in Sevierville, Tennessee. At 74,000 square feet, this location has been dubbed the world’s largest gas station. Several of the newly announced locations will eclipse that square footage.
In the video below, a trucker reviews his Buc-ee’s experience.