Tesla hiring for electric semi truck production line has started as the company looks to begin producing a high volume of their new rig.
Over the last few days, Tesla has listed 10 new positions based around the Tesla semi truck production line and building design. Tesla announced back in January that they are planning to expand their Gigafactory Nevada location to accommodate building the Tesla rig at a high volume, but has yet to actually begin the expansion.
The 10 jobs listed are
- Sr. Architect, Semi
- Structural Modeling Lead, Semi
- Factory Design Engineering Leader, Semi
- Lead Plumbing Engineer, Semi
- BIM Manager and Virtual Design Coordinator, Semi
- Staff Iot Network Engineer, Infrastructure Network Engineering
- Electrical Construction Project Mangement, Infrastructure Programs – Semi
- CAE & CFD Thermal Engineer, Battery Engineering, Semi
- CAE Analysis Engineer, Structures & Durability, Semi
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Structural Design, Semi
With the expansion still not started, Electrek estimates that large scale production of the electric tractor trailer will likely not start until the second half of 2024 at the earliest.