The two overall winners of the annual “Best Fleets To Drive For” award were named by the Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge this week.
On March 6, the TCA recognized two for-hire carriers as the top workplaces in the trucking industry based on nomination by a company driver or owner-operator and a subsequent evaluation of the company’s human resources practices.
C.A.T. Inc. of Coteau-du-Lac, QC, was named as the overall winner in the large carrier category.
Chief Carriers, Inc. of Grand Island, Nebraska, won overall best fleet to drive for in the small carrier category.
“Year after year, the overall winners are truly changing the game. It’s imperative that fleets establish driver-centric offerings which attract and retain a skilled workforce while establishing programs that improve the work-life balance for their employees. Chief Carriers, Inc. and C.A.T. Inc. have done just that and their results show that those efforts pay off,” said TCA President Jim Ward.
See below for the list of companies that made the Top 20 Best Fleets To Drive For List for 2023 announced in January:
- American Central Transport – Kansas City, MO
- C.A.T. Inc. – Coteau-du-Lac, QC
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc. – Cambridge, ON
- Chief Carriers, Inc. – Grand Island, NE
- Continental Express, Inc. – Sidney, OH
- Decker Truck Line, Inc. – Fort Dodge, IA
- Erb Transport – New Hamburg, ON
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. – Etobicoke, ON
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. – Fremont, NE
- Jetco Delivery a GTI Company – Houston, TX
- K & J Trucking, Inc. – Sioux Falls, SD
- Kriska Holdings Limited – Prescott, ON
- Leonard’s Express – Farmington, NY
- Nick Strimbu, Inc. – Brookfield, OH
- PGT Trucking, Inc. – Aliquippa, PA
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. – Defiance, OH
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. – Knoxville, TN
- Transland – Strafford, MO
- Veriha Trucking, Inc. – Marinette, WI
- Wellington Group of Companies – Aberfoyle, ON
The Best Fleets To Drive For award was launched in 2008.