This video gives you a closer look at a 600,000 pound load that is gearing up for a six day trip through Arkansas starting later this week.
The video below provides a walk around as crews prepare a 300 ton kiln furnace imported from Italy for transport.
The load will begin its journey out of the Crossett Port on Wednesday, May 10, arriving in Gum Springs Monday, May 15.
Barnhart Crane and Rigging of Memphis, Tennessee will be transporting the load.
ARDOT shared the following route information below:
- Wednesday, May 10 (8 a.m.) – US-82 at Crossett Port to AR-275 in Strong
- Thursday, May 11 (8 a.m.) – US-63 to US-167 in El Dorado
- Friday, May 12 (8 a.m.) – US 167B to US-79 to Stephens
- Saturday, May 13 (Dawn) – Stephens to US-278 to Rosston
- Sunday, May 14 (Dawn) – US-278 to US-371 to 2nd Street in Prescott; AR-24 to AR-53 to Gurdon
- Monday, May 15 (8 a.m.) – AR-53 to US-67 to Gum Springs
The load will move at speeds of 5 to 20 m.p.h. and drivers should expect delays along these routes.
You can click here for more information from the Arkansas Department of Transportation.