NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who submit their video testimonial and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign further requires the Contest entrant to: a)submit a video testimonial b) confirm by verifiable evidence that they are 18 years of age or older and valid U.S. Citizens. Employees of CDLLife, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the entrant (You) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements recited herein. In addition, You agree to accept the decision of CDLLife as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at noon (central daylight savings time) on January 16, 2020 and ending at noon (central daylight savings time) on February 16, 2020. All online entries must be received no later than noon (central daylight time) on February 16, 2020.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at (and concurrently submitting a non-returnable video as described above, subject to the requirements in section 1. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified herein, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of CDLLife. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of CDLLife.
- Prizes: The single and sole Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive $1,000. $200 of which will be CDLLife store credit. $800 will be paid out in Visa gift cards. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at CDLLife’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for CDLLife to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Finalist and Winner Selection and Notification: Three (3) Finalists will be selected by a judging panel of CDLLife employees. The Finalists will be selected within 14 days of the end date of the Campaign as recited in section 3. The Finalists will have their video played on a social media platform such as Facebook and will consent to be interviewed by the judging panel on a social media platform such as Facebook. Following the conclusion of the interview of all 3 Finalists, the judging panel will select a Winner within 14 days of such date of conclusion. The Winner will be announced on the App, on CDLLife’s Facebook page and on the CDLLife web site at www.cdllife.com as well as notified by email within 5 days following selection of a Winner. CDLLife shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time of award notification that was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Acceptance of a Finalist or Winner designation constitutes permission for CDLLife to use the Finalists and Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY FINALISTS OR WINNER (AT RTI‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN FINALISTS’ OR WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A FINALIST OR WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By You submitting your video, You understand and agree that CDLlife, anyone acting on behalf of CDLLife, and CDLLife’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media, including on any social media, now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without
limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation to, notice to, review of by, or consent by You. By submitting the video, You represent and warrant that your entry video is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry video infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of CDLLife. If the content of your entry video is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CDLLife from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which CDLLife may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms and Conditions: CDLLife reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign for any reason, whatsoever, and at any time prior to, during or after the Campaign Period, without any liability or consequences to You or any other party. Further, CDLLife also, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond CDLLife’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such cases, CDLLife may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken byCDLLife. CDLLife reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or CDLLife s website or violates these Terms & Conditions. CDLLife has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same individual from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign Rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any CDLLife website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such attempt be made, CDLLife reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering this Contest, You agree to release, waive any claims against and hold harmless CDLLife, and any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, contractors, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, contract, tort or under any other legal theory from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, website or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process for the Contest or Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or Campaign or the processing of entries in connection therewith; (vi) any event that arises in connection with the Campaign, Contest, Rules or Terms and Conditions; (vii) any social media issues, problems, consequences or repercussion as a result of the display of entrant’s video or interviews; or (viii) the termination, for any reason, of the Campaign or Contest. You agree that your total and entire claim for damages, if awarded, will not exceed one hundred U.S. dollars.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN/CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign/Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a competent court located in Kansas having jurisdiction over such actions. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards that exceed the limitation of liability recited herein, and YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COURT COSTS, OTHER THAN ENTRANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (I.E. COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CAMPAIGN/CONTEST) SUBJECT TO THE DAMAGE LIMITATION RECITED HEREIN UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, TORT, WARRANTY OR CONTRACT. FURTHER, RTI MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE CAMPAIGN, THE CONTEST OR THE AWARD OF ANY PRIZES.