Old Dominion Overview
Old Dominion Driving Jobs
Old Dominion Company Overview
Old Dominion is a leading less-than-truckload, non-union company. The company offers regional, inter-regional and national service. In addition, Old Dominion offers household moving.
OD operates 41,000 tractors and trailers and has 235 service centers throughout the country.
The company offers generous wage and benefits packages.
Old Dominion Driving Jobs
The comany is currently seeking full and part time Class A city drivers, Linehaul drivers, and Dock to drivers.
Benefits and Equipment
Old Dominion offers health benefits to full time employees. OD provides health, vision and dental coverage. According to Old Dominion, health benefits are effective 60 days after employment. Old Dominion pays approximately 80% of the cost of coverage.
Dental insurance provides routine care and procedures, and children’s orthodontia.
Vision insurance typically covers 100% of the charge for an annual exam.
Employees can enjoy Flexible Spending Accounts
In 2017, Old Dominion launched a company-wide wellness program.
40K program after 30 days of employment
Competitive pay package.
Vacation - Paid Time Off:
Eligible employees receive paid time off, including vacation days and a “birthday holiday” for employee’s birthdays.
Truck Driver Requirements
Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
• Transport self and/or freight continuously throughout the service center on non-forgiving surfaces. • Read and interpret shipping labels. Familiarity with, and in some cases ability to complete the various forms utilized in freight movement such as shipping orders, citystripping manifests, freight bills, overage/damage movement reports and exception forms.
• Be available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
• High School Degree or equivalent preferred
• Must have the ability to read, write, speak English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental abilities to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
• Must possess a valid commercial driver's license with hazmat, doubles and tanker endorsements.
•Must have 12 months previous tractor-trailer driving experience and/or be a graduate of a State Certified, Licensed and Safety Department approved driving school, and/or have satisfactorily completed the Old Dominion Truck Driver Training school
• Must be at least 22 years old.
Old Dominion Reviews
“Been with Old Dominion 15 years as a line haul driver, I drive new equipment and treated as a valued employee, basically I'm told when I'm expected to leave arrive at my drop yard and return to the terminal and as long as the expectations of my job are met my interactions with managers and supervisory staff are on my terms. I make an average of $2300 weekly with benefits.” Indeed
“Great company to work for. Great solid company that’s growing and always looking for new ways to expand their business. Comfortable work environment, with late model equipment and equipment to ease the work burden.” Indeed
“OD is a great place to work. All they require of you is to show up and do your job. I have always felt valued as an employee. The pay for a linehaul driver is excellent. I feel that the p&d drivers deserve overtime after 8, but OD does not pay overtime until after 60, and you will rarely get over 60 hours/week.” Indeed