You still have until Nov. 30 to let Goodyear Rubber know about your “Highway Hero” and the story of how they went far beyond their means to make a heroic rescue or a wonderful act of humanitarianism while on the job.
Goodyear has been doing this since 1983 because they want to help change the public’s idea of who works for the trucking industry. Too often the media focuses on the bad guys or the complainers – never giving the good guys their say. You can help Goodyear and the trucking industry change that.
Nomination forms and program details can be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at (330) 796-8183. The Highway Hero nomination form also is available online here.
For award consideration, the following criteria must be met:
- Nominee must be a full-time truck driver
- Nominee must reside in the United States or Canada
- Incident must have occurred in the United States or Canada
- Nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and
- in his or her rig at the time of the incident
- Nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have had 14 or more wheels
- Incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2010, and Nov. 15, 2011 to qualify for this year’s program.
Do you know anyone who matches these requirements and did something amazing while on the job this year? Goodyear and CDL Life wants to know about it!