Summer is my favorite time of the year to cook… or not cook, but I love summer meals. I love going to the farmer’s market to buy fresh fruits and veggies. I always end up with more than I will use before they spoil, so I keep recipes that call for a lot of fruit or a lot of veggies handy.
This recipe calls for lots of great veggies!
- 1 medium white or purple onion, diced
- 3 medium, ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 2 lemons (squeezed)
- 1 lime (squeezed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can of chickpeas or garbonzo beans
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 cups of feta cheese
- 1 can black olives
- *Avacado, cubed
- Toasted pita bread, for serving
- Wash and cut all the veggies. Put all the veggie (including chickpeas and olives) in a large bowl. Add feta.
- Chop up the herbs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon and lime juice and olive oil. Add salt, pepper, garlic and herbs.
- Pour liquids over the veggies and toss.
Serve with fresh pita bread or pocket, or scoop over a bed of spinach leaves or fresh cooked, dry pasta noodles.