Electric Heater Blamed for Truck Fire

An electric space heater is being blamed for causing a fire that destroyed a truck in Texas.

The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon in Lamesa, Texas.

According to the Press Reporter, the fire started in the cab of the 2008 International and quickly spread throughout the truck.

Fire investigators said the electric space heater was stashed behind the seat of the truck.

The driver was not in the truck at the time of the fire.

On Thursday, temperatures were in the upper 20s, the Press Reporter states.

The truck was a total loss. the damage is estimated at $78,000.

There is no further information available at this time.

Follow this link to idling laws by state.

Source:
Press Reporter

*Note: Space heater pictured is a representation and not the actual make/model involved in the fire.

Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter

Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.