British Columbia officials have launched a new website for tracking highway closures following a massive storm that ravaged roadways last week.
The Ministry of Transportation launched the Current Road Advisories and Information page as a way for travelers to determine which roadways are closed, which are open, and which are open only for specific travelers.
As of Monday afternoon, November 22nd, the following roadways were open for essential travel only:
- Highway 7 between Mission and Hope
- Highway 3 between Hope and Princeton
- Highway 1 between Popkum and Hope
- Highway 99 from Pemberton to Lillooet
As of Monday afternoon, the following roadways were fully closed:
- Highway 5 between Hope and Merritt
- Highway 1 through the Fraser Canyon and through Abbotsford
- Highway 8 between Merritt and Spences Bridge
A list of what is considered ‘essential travel’ can be found here.