Certain types of commercial vehicles will be banned from traveling on the Ohio Turnpike over much of the holiday weekend.
The Ohio Turnpike travel bans will go into effect at 6 a.m. on Friday, December 23 and are expected to expire at 8 a.m. on Sunday, December 25.
The travel ban applies to the following vehicle types:
- All high-profile tow-behind trailers, campers, boats, and enclosed trailers (excludes 5th wheel trailers)
- Commercial trucks towing an empty single 53 foot trailer
- All mobile homes, office trailers, and livestock trailers
- All long combination vehicle (LCV) double-trailer combinations exceeding 90 feet in length
- All LCV triple trailer combinations
The Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission will monitor weather conditions and evaluate the travel ban as the weekend progresses.