At CDLLife I, LLC (“CDLLife,” “us,” “our,” or “we”), we are committed to providing you a great online experience celebrating the commercial truck driver by providing news, information and entertainment, as well as an escape from the everyday grind. We also celebrate and support the commercial truck driving industry by providing an online platform to connect drivers to the employers who need them.
- Information We Collect
We may collect certain information from you when you use our Website, App, and other Services. That information includes:
Personal Information: Personal Information, also known as “Personal Data,” is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. We collect various types of Personal Information when you interact with our Website or other Services:
- Website/App: We may collect certain Personal Information from you when you visit, use, and interact with our Website or App – for instance, when you choose to contact us, submit an article to CDLLife, use or post information or content to the App, or sign up for our electronic newsletter. This may include your name, company name, email address, telephone number, location information (such as your ZIP code or real-time location when using the App), and other information you choose to provide to us. It may also include other information such as your IP address, browsing history, interactions with the Website, preferences, and/or interests.
- Truck Driving Jobs: Certain sections of our Website and App allow you to search for and apply for truck driving jobs with various employers (“Truck Driving Jobs”). In order to apply for Truck Driving Jobs through the Website or App, we will require you to register with us and create a user profile. We will ask you to provide certain information relevant to your job search when you register with us or search and apply for Truck Driving Jobs, including: your name, date of birth, location information (such as your ZIP code), license status, trucking experience, military service history, and other relevant information.
At times, we may require you to provide certain Personal Information when you use certain parts of our App or to fulfill your request with us – for instance, we may require you to provide or use your email address or other contact information when you contact us with a question or comment, so that we can respond to you.
Generic Information: Generic Information is information that does not directly reveal the identity of a customer or a visitor to the Website or the App. CDLLife may automatically gather some Generic Information from our customers and Website visitors. This information may include aggregate usage metrics such as total number of Website visitors, pages viewed, and usage patterns within the Website, etc. This may also include information about your device. At times, the combination of various types of data, including Generic Information, may enable you to be identified, and may therefore qualify as Personal Information.
- How We Collect Your Information
CDLLife collects and obtains your information in a few ways: there is information that you choose to give to us, information we obtain through your use our Services – including our Website and App – and information we obtain from third parties. Each of these is detailed below:
- Information You Give to Us
We collect certain information that you share with us. As noted above, sometimes this is information that we require in order for you to use our Website, App or certain Services. For instance, when you apply for a job through the Website or App, you will need to provide information relevant to your qualifications and work experience as outlined above. In addition, we collect information that you voluntarily provide through your use of the Website, App or other Services, such as when you post photos, videos, messages, or other content to the App, or contact us via email or direct message with questions, feedback, or comments about our Website, App, or other Services.
- Information We Obtain When You Use Our Services
We also collect certain Personal Information and Generic Information from you through your use of our Services. As noted above, we may collect certain information related to your use of, and access to, our App and other Services.
- Device Information: As noted above, we may collect certain information related to the device that you use to log into, access and use the Website, App or other Services.
- Camera, Photos, and Media Files: As part of your experience, you can upload photos and images from your device to the App. In order to do so, the App may need to access your camera, your photo gallery, or other parts of your device containing media files.
- Location Information: We will ask you to provide your location information when you use our App via your mobile device, to provide certain App features and Services to you. You may choose to turn off your device’s location sharing features to use the App; however, certain functions of the App such as our Maps and trip-planning features will not work properly if you do not share your location.
- Aggregate Information: We may use other aggregate information in relation to how you use our Website, App or Services.
The Website may collect certain information when you browse the Website and request pages from our servers. When you request a page from our Website, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP address, the time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the HTTP request header information in order to make our website function correctly and provide you the functionality that you see on the Website. We also use this and other information to personalize content presented to you on the Website and the App, better understand how visitors use our Website and App and how we can better tune their content and functionality to meet your needs. Although this information may at times include your IP address, this information, by itself, will typically not identify you. However, if you access the Website from a link in an email that we sent you, we may identify you based on the information you previously supplied to us.
Session and First Party Cookies
The types of cookies that we use are referred to as “session” cookies and “first party” cookies. Session cookies are temporary, and are automatically deleted once you close your Internet browser. First Party cookies remain on your computer hard drive until you delete them or until they are otherwise removed upon expiration.
Third Party Cookies
We may gather information about you automatically through your use of the Website or App, e.g., your IP address, your current location when you use the App, and how you navigate the Website. We may collect information by automated means, including technologies such as pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons. We use this information to better understand, customize, and improve user experience with our Website, App, Services and offerings as well as to manage our advertising.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages.
We collect many different types of information from other technologies to improve the quality of our Website and the services we provide. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our Website or App, your operating system and/or mobile device type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to your Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our Website and to understand website traffic patterns. We may aggregate the data about visitors to our Website or App and use it to improve the quality of our Website, App and Services. If we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information, then it will become “Personal Information” and will be protected as described above.
Your Cookie Choices
- Information We Obtain from Third Parties
CDLLife obtains information about you from third parties including information from third party services accounts you create, and third party providers we use to provide Services to you.
Third party accounts you create
We may allow you to access our Website and our App using accounts you created with third party services, like Facebook (“Third Party Service Accounts”). If you choose to access our Website or App through Third Party Service Accounts, these services may share certain information about you with CDLLife. This may include your name, email address, and your Third Party Service Account profile data, among other information. This information is shared with CDLLife according to the Third Party Service Account provider’s privacy policies.
- How We Use Your Information
CDLLife uses your information to provide you access to, and facilitate your use of our Website, App and other Services. For instance, we will use your information to facilitate your search and application for Truck Driving Jobs with employers made through our Website and App, such as by sending you messages, emails, and text alerts for jobs we believe you may be interested in or qualified for.
We also use the information you provide or information we collect and/or aggregate to understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, and to improve the way the Website looks and works. We may also use this information to create helpful new features and functionality.
We may also use your information and “cookies” information to:
(a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
(b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, information, and email messages;
(c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing activities (including related third party marketing activities); and
(d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
We may also process your Personal Information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. For instance, if you provide your email address to us, we may use your email address or other Personal Information to send you emails related to the Website, App, special offers and promotions, and other content or materials we think you may be interested in. Additionally, if you choose to provide us your phone number when you register with our Website or App in order to apply for Truck Driving Jobs, we may send you text alerts about job opportunities with employers we think are relevant or of interest to you. However, you will have the ability to “opt-out” of receiving such communications from us in the future through links provided in the messages, by sending an email to [email protected], or by following the prompts on the text alert and requesting to opt-out of receiving further communications.
- How We Disclose or Share Your Information
CDLLife may disclose or share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- App Users/Visitors: As noted above, we allow you to share content via our App’s social media functions, and interact with other App users, and will disclose information you provide to us for such purposes. For instance, you can post messages, pictures, video, and other content to the App’s publicly-facing Message Feed. This information may include your name, your profile information, and other information that you choose to include. You may also share your location information with other truckers and App users, as well as other information that you have permitted through your settings. We may also share any additional information you have consented for us to share.
- Third Party Service Providers: CDLLife may release or disclose your information to third-party service providers or agents who facilitate the provision of our Services to you. For instance, we may share your information with service providers or contractors who perform functions on our behalf, such as in operating the Website or App, communicating news and delivering promotional and other materials via e-mail, and assisting us with sending communications and performing other marketing and support functions. Also, we may use third-party social media platforms, including third-party social media websites, to communicate with you.
- Truck Driving Jobs: When you apply for Truck Driving Jobs through various sections of the Website or App, such as dedicatedjobs.cdllife.com, we will disclose your related Personal Information to those employers whose listed jobs you choose to apply for.
In some circumstances, CDLLife may share your Personal Information related to your employment with multiple third-party companies, such as when you apply for Truck Driving Jobs through jobs.livetrucking.com. When you apply for employment via these services, your Personal Information is not shared with a specific employer for a specific job. Instead, your information is shared with a variety of third party companies, to see if your employment history and qualifications are related to available employment opportunities they may have.
- Other CDLLife entities: We may share your information with other CDLLife entities. In addition, if we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or other business transaction, we may transfer or sell your Personal Information to a third party as part of that transaction. If such transaction materially affects the manner in which your Personal Information is processed, we will notify you of such change prior to its implementation. We may share aggregate, or summary, information regarding our customers with partners or other third parties.
- Selling Information: CDLLife may also sell, rent, or trade your information – including Personal Information – to various third parties in relation to your search for Truck Driving Jobs, or for our and other entities’ marketing purposes.
- Co-Sponsors & Partners: From time to time, we may partner with other organizations or companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, services, or events and may share your Personal Information with our co-sponsor(s) and partners.
- Website/App Development: We may also work with third party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may access or process your Personal Information.
CDLLife may be required to disclose your Personal information in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with a legal obligation. In such instances, we will disclose your Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or other lawful and enforceable process, or where otherwise required by law.
- International Visitors and Transfers of Your Information
The Website and App are hosted in and intended for visitors located within the United States. While the Website and App are generally available outside the United States, we do not directly market to or provide any other Services to individuals beyond the United States. Laws governing data collection and use in other regions of the world may differ from U.S. law. If you are visiting this Website from a country other than the United States, the various communications you send and receive will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries to the United States. This includes transmissions containing your Personal Information.
If you are located in the European Union and choose to provide us information about you, you should be aware that information you provide or which is otherwise collected on the Website, App or through any services rendered may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws deemed as adequate as those in the European Union.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
- Your Privacy Rights
CDLLife will ensure that you can exercise various rights relating to your Personal Information, including rights as provided by various data protection laws. CDLLife therefore informs you that, where applicable under relevant law, you are entitled:
- to have access to your Personal Information upon simple request – that is, you may receive a copy of such data upon request, unless for example, such data is made directly available to you within your personal account;
- to have access upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names of addresses of third parties that have received Personal Information for direct marketing purposes;
- to obtain a list of the categories of Personal Information collected about you, sold to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes, and a list of categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold to or disclosed to for business purposes;
- to correct your Personal Information if you find it is inaccurate, incomplete or obsolete;
- to obtain the deletion of your Personal Information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (the “right to be forgotten”).
- to withdraw your consent to the data processing without affecting the lawfulness of processing, where your Personal Information has been collected and processed on the basis of your consent;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances, in which case we may ask you to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation;
- to request limits to the processing of your data, when allowed by and in circumstances set forth under applicable law;
- to have your Personal Information directly transferred by us to a third-party processor of your choice (where technically feasible and when processing is based on your consent); and
- to non-discrimination, as defined under relevant law, in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
Under certain laws, you may also have the right to “opt-out” of having your Personal Information sold to a third party. This right to “opt-out” does not include the case of a merger, sale, financing, acquisition, or other transaction involving all or part of CDLLife; in such instances, your information may still be involved in a transaction.
For deletion, or ”right to be forgotten” requests, we will undertake a good faith effort to accommodate requests for access to or deletion of personal information. However, these requests may be subject to the evaluation of additional factors, including disproportionate burden or expense, or the risk to the rights, including the privacy rights, of others.
We will strive and work to resolve any inquiry you may have regarding our privacy practices. If you have any questions about these rights, would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you need any assistance with privacy related matters, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. We will take the necessary steps to respond to you as soon as possible.
- Your Choices on Collection and Use of Information
As noted above, CDLLife provides emails or other communications regarding offers, products, and services we feel may interest you. Additionally, if you choose to provide us your phone number when you register with our Website or App in order to apply for Truck Driving Jobs, we may send you text alerts about job opportunities with employers we think are relevant or of interest to you. If you decide you do not want to receive such messages from us or our partners in the future, you always can “opt-out” by following the “unsubscribe” directions attached to such emails, or by sending an email to [email protected] and requesting to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future.
Regarding the collection of Generic Information, as described above, you also have the ability to change your browser and device cookie settings to limit this collection.
- Updating and Correcting Your Information
As we mentioned above, you may access, update, or delete your Personal Information stored by CDLLife. To access, update, or delete information related to your applications for Truck Driving Jobs, please login to your account with our Website or App. For all other requests, please contact us at the address below. Note that we may limit certain requests to modify your Personal Information, including requests that impact other users’ privacy, that concern information that CDLLife does not possess or control, or requests that are repetitive, unlawful, or that require technical means disproportionate to the request.
- Protecting Your Information
CDLLife takes reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, and destruction. We employ certain physical, managerial, and technical measures designed to improve the integrity and security of the Website and the personal information you transmit to us and that we store on our systems.
While we strive to make your information as secure as possible, no transmission system or data network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. By using or Website, App and Services, you acknowledge that there are data security and privacy limitations inherent to the use of the Internet, and that the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information exchanged between you and CDLLife, or between you and other CDLLife users and third-party partners, cannot be guaranteed. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or that we store, and you do so at your own risk.
All of CDLLife’s Services, including our Website, are intended for adult audiences. We do not offer or provide products and services for, and none of our products or services are intended for or directed to anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not attempt to register for or use any of our Services, including our Website, and do not provide us any Personal Information about yourself.
- Special Offers and Promotions
As noted above, we may send you emails about offers and special promotions. It is our intention to only send you email communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive. We may use third party email service providers to send emails.
We provide you the ability to define and modify your mailing preferences at any time, including unsubscribing from all marketing communications. In addition, every time you receive an email, you will be provided the choice to opt-out of future emails by following the instructions provided in the email.
We may also sell, lease, rent, or otherwise provide your email address to advertisers and third party marketers to provide offers and special promotions that we think will be of interest to you.
- Do Not Track
Your browser and other mechanisms may permit you to send do-not-track signals or other similar signals to express your preferences regarding online tracking. However, because there is not yet a defined response to do-not-track requests, our Website does not respond to your browser’s do-not-track request. As noted above, third parties, such as our advertising partners, may collect data that relates to you. We cannot control third parties’ responses to do-not-track signals or other such mechanisms. Third parties’ use of data relating to you and responsiveness to do-not-track signals is governed by their respective privacy policies.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above. Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Please also provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at the below address. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description, and include your name, street address, city, state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the address provided for this purpose below.
Note that responsive information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these information requests is: [email protected]
- How to Contact Us
300 E 39th St., Ste. 4K Kansas City, MO 64111
Or by email at: [email protected].
- Acceptance of Terms
At CDLLife I, LLC (“CDLLife,” “us”, “our,” or “we”), our goal is to provide you a great online experience celebrating the commercial truck driver by providing news, information and entertainment, as well as an escape from the everyday grind. We also aim to celebrate and support the commercial truck driving industry by providing an online platform to connect drivers to the employers who need them.
We’re thrilled that you chose to use our website, which includes cdllife.com, dedicatedjobs.cdllife.com, and our other affiliated websites (collectively, the “Website”), the CDLLife App (the “App”), and any of our other products and services we provide you (collectively, “Services”) to help you stay atop the latest news and information, apply for employment with various trucking companies (“Truck Driving Jobs”), and otherwise celebrate the American trucking profession.
- Description of Services
CDLLife provides its Website, App, and other Services to its visitors to celebrate and support the commercial truck driving industry. Much of our Website content is informational, and provided for your convenience and entertainment. As such, the inclusion of or linking to any advertisement, product, service, opinion or the like, or the mention thereof on our Website or App, does not imply any endorsement by CDLLife.
Please note that all features, content, and specifications of our Website, App or other Services are subject to change without notice.
While we strive to ensure that our Services and all other information we provide is complete, accurate, and current, some information provided may sometimes be inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date. We make no representation regarding the completeness or accuracy of any Services, or other information, content, advice, or recommendations made through the Website, App or Services. We also do not make any representations or warranties regarding the quality or safety of any products or Services, or third party products or services offered or made available.
- Who Can Use Our Services
All of CDLLife’s Services – including the Website and App – are intended for adult audiences only and are not intended for or directed to anyone under 18 years of age. Therefore, no one under 18 years of age is allowed to create an account or otherwise register with CDLLife, apply for Truck Driving Jobs through our Website, App or Services, or otherwise use our Services. By using our Services, including the Website and our App, you attest that you are over 18 years of age, and that you will comply with these Terms and all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws, rules, and regulations.
- Registration with CDLLife
All information that you are required to provide at registration must be current, complete, and accurate. You are also responsible for ensuring that your account information is timely updated if it ever changes. In addition, you must keep and are responsible for keeping your sensitive information – like your account password – confidential. Please contact us immediately if you think your account has been compromised.
In using the Services, you agree that:
- You are permitted to create only one account for yourself, and you will not create more than one account for your individual use.
- You will not, without our express permission, create another account for yourself if we have disabled or otherwise restricted your account.
- You will not buy, sell, rent, or lease access to your account in any way.
- You will not share your account’s login credentials (for example, your account password, or your email address and password reset/security question) with others.
- You will access the Website, App and Services through only those means authorized by CDLLife, and you will not log in or attempt to access the Website, App or Services through any unauthorized means.
- Your Use of Our Services
- What We Grant To You
CDLLife grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-exclusive, revocable, and limited license to access and use our Services, for the sole purposes of letting you use and enjoy the benefits of the Services in a way allowed by these Terms and our other policies.
- What You Grant to Us
In using our Services, you may create, upload, post, send, receive, and store certain information. In doing so, you grant CDLLife an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable, and transferable license to host, store, use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, publish, and distribute the content or other information you provide. We may use any content or other information that you provide in a number of ways, including but not limited to facilitating your search for Truck Driving Jobs through our Website, connecting you with other users and sharing your and for operating, developing, providing, promoting, and improving the Services.
In addition, you understand that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or article submissions (collectively, “Submissions”) you provide to us is not confidential, and becomes our sole property. If you provide feedback, suggestions, articles, or any other Submissions, including but not limited to business ideas and original works, you are granting CDLLife a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, and irrevocable right to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, display, create works from and otherwise utilize such submissions. This means we can use the ideas you to provide us without compensating you.
Though we are not required to do so, we may, in our sole discretion, monitor or review the Services, and access, review, screen, remove, and delete and content at any time and for any reason, including if we believe that content violates these Terms.
- Your Behavior
You are ultimately responsible for all content provided and activity by you or that otherwise occurs under your account (even if that content or activity occurs from other individuals who have accessed the Website, App and other Services through your device or account).
By using the Services, you agree that:
- You will not use the Website, App or any Services for any purpose that is illegal or otherwise prohibited in these Terms.
- You will not use any automated means – such as any robot, spider, etc. – to access the Services or extract other users’ submitted content or information.
- You will not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Website, App or Services.
- You will not reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of the Website’s or App’s software.
- You will not use or develop any third-party applications to interact with the Website, App or Services or other users’ content or information, unless you have our written consent.
- You will not use the Website, App or any Services in a way that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other CDLLife’s users in fully using the Services, or our ability to maintain our Services.
- You will not use the Website, App or any Services in a way that could damage, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Services.
- You will not use or attempt to use another CDLLife user’s account without their permission.
- You will not solicit other users’ login credentials.
- You will not create an account using the name of another person or otherwise use the Services with the intent of impersonating the other person, or create an account using any name that is offensive, vulgar, or obscene.
- You will not post content that is offensive or that contains pornography, graphic violence, threats, hate speech, or incites violence, or promotes any unlawful activity.
- You will not use the Services in any way that violates CDLLife’s rights or those of any third party.
- You will not use the Services to harass, abuse, defame, stalk, or threaten others, including other users.
- You will not compromise the security of the Services, including but not limited to uploading viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not attempt to circumvent any content-filters or content-filtering techniques used by CDLLife.
- You will access only those areas or features of the Services that we have authorized you to access, and you will not attempt to access any areas or features that you are not authorized to access.
- You will not probe, scan, or test the security or vulnerability of our Services, including any CDLLife system or network.
- You will not use the Services – including the App’s Message Feed – to send unsolicited or spam emails or messages to other users or to CDLLife, including to advertise or promote any product, service, or event.
- You will not engage in any activity that violates these Terms, and you will not encourage any acts that violate these Terms.
Additionally, when you create an account with us and apply for Truck Driving Jobs, we may ask you for your telephone number. We use your telephone number to help you look for and find Truck Driving Jobs that may be of interest to you, or meet your qualifications. Such use may include sending you voice and text messages related to job opportunities, or Truck Driving Jobs you have already applied to. Such voice and text messages are informational in nature, and are not advertisements for any goods, services, property, or investments. When you provide us with your phone number, you consent to us contacting you sending you voice and text messages related to Truck Driving Jobs. We may use autodialing and “robotexts” as part of this process. If you do not agree, do not provide us with your phone number.
- Information You Share
CDLLife allows you to communicate with us through email and certain other means – for instance, to ask questions, provide feedback and suggestions, and the like. We also allow you post information to various parts of our App which are public facing, share information (including your location) with other App users, and provide news submissions through our “Submit an Article” service. Any communication or other material that you send to us or to other users is and will be deemed to be non-confidential. CDLLife has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information provided. Consequently, any Personal Information or other sensitive information that you choose to share may be viewable to others. You agree that any information you share may be viewable by others. Please do not post, include, add or otherwise share information that you would not want to be viewed by others, or otherwise made publicly available, such as your Personal Information, as part of any content that you share.
The App lets truckers from across the United States to interact with and share information with one another – including their personal information, as well as location data. By using our App and sharing information with other users therein, you understand and acknowledge the risks inherent with sharing your information with others online, and do so of your own choice.
There may be times when we ask you for your Personal Information in order to facilitate other certain Services – for instance, when you contact us with a question or request technical assistance with your account, we may ask for your contact information so that we can contact you further if needed. When communicating with us, please do not share your Personal Information with CDLLife unless we specifically request it.
- Content, Intellectual Property & Others’ Rights
Except for the posts, photos, text, graphics, videos, images and other content and materials that you and other users create, or which are provided by or otherwise the property of third parties, the information, photos, text, graphics, videos, tools, images, and all other content and materials (“Content”) provided by or made available through the Website and other Services is owned or licensed by CDLLife, and is provided for your personal, non-commercial, and informational purposes only. This Content also includes, but is not limited to the text, graphics, photos, interactive features, trademarks, service marks, and logos in our Services (“Marks”). You may not use, manipulate, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, broadcast, display, sell, or otherwise use our Content and Marks for any purpose whatsoever not permitted by these Terms.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others – including copyrights – and prohibit our users from using our Website, App or Services that violates those rights. As noted above, some of the content available through our Services comes from third parties. All other content, trademarks and copyrights that appear through our Services are the property of their respective owners. You agree that you will not use the Services in a way that violates or infringes upon someone else’s rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
You may not use the Content, Marks, or Services, or the content of others, in ways that are not authorized by these Terms. We may terminate your account or otherwise prohibit you from using our Services if we believe that you are violating the intellectual property rights of others in your use of our Website or Services.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website or App – including content you submit through the App, material you provide in connection with your application for Truck Driving Jobs or information you provide to us as part of an article submission – constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any content provided by you. We have the right to remove any materials or Content on our Website in our sole discretion. The views expressed by others on our Website or App, include those of third party materials and content posted on our Website, do not necessarily reflect or represent our views or values.
As we said above, we respect intellectual property rights of others, and prohibit our users from using our Services that violates those rights. Additionally, we respect copyright law. Under the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) copyright owners can file a complaint where they believe materials infringe on their copyright. If you believe that materials on the Services infringe on your copyright, please provide notice to our designated agent at:
Email: [email protected]
Any DMCA notice filed with our designated agent must contain the following:
- Information identifying the copyrighted work that is claimed to have been infringed, such as the copyrighted work’s title, author, URL, or other information.
- Sufficient information allowing us to identify and locate the allegedly infringing material.
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you.
- A personal statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notification if accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We recommend that you speak to a legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice with our designated agent to assess your rights.
- Maintaining Your Account
You play a key role in maintaining the integrity of your CDLLife account. As mentioned above, you are responsible for protecting the security of your account credentials, including your password. Additionally, you may not share your account credentials with others. CDLLife will not be responsible or liable for any compromise to your account that results from your failure to adhere to these obligations.
- Email, Data Charges & Mobile Phones
Certain aspects of our Services are designed to work with and be used on mobile phones and devices. You are responsible for any text-messaging, data charges, and other fees and charges that you may incur from your mobile service provider by using our Services. Please talk to your mobile service provider before using our Services if you have questions about possible charges you may incur by using our Services.
By using the Services, you agree that we may communicate with you by electronic means, such as through email, text message, or other means. Please update your account if you change your email address or phone number to ensure that we do not send messages meant for you to others.
- Third Party Services and Links
We may provide links to third party websites that may be of interest to you. CDLLife is not responsible for the content, quality, safety, availability, completeness, accuracy, privacy policies, legality, or any other practices and policies of such websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and should not be considered an endorsement by CDLLife of these websites or of the companies who own them. Each linked entity has its own privacy policies, terms and conditions, and other policies that govern your use of their website and services. Each linked entity is responsible for the correctness, completeness, legality and accuracy of its own website. As such, CDLLife makes no representation as to the accuracy or any other aspect of the information contained at such outside sites.
- Restriction, Modification, & Termination
If ever you decide you no longer want to be bound to these Terms, or no longer want to be a member of the CDLLife community, you can terminate these Terms for any reason by deleting your account and no longer using our Website, App or other Services.
We reserve the right to change, modify, terminate, or otherwise alter these Terms at any time at our sole discretion and without notice. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon posting of the updated Terms. You must review these Terms on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. CDLLife may terminate these Terms, with or without cause, at any time, without notice, and without penalty. You agree that CDLLife shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, termination, or alteration of these Terms. The following provisions shall survive any termination: Your Use of Our Services — What you Grant Us; Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability; Indemnity; Choice Law and Jurisdiction; Severability; and Complete Terms.
We may also, in our sole discretion, terminate or restrict your use or access to our Website or Services (or any part thereof), for any reason, including, without limitation, where CDLLife believes you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms or other provisions, conditions, or policies of the Services.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold CDLLife, its, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless, at your sole expense, from and against any claim, action, legal proceeding, damages, liability, settlements, expenses (including reasonably attorneys´ fees) and other costs arising out of or relating to (a) your access or use of the Services; (b) your content; (c) your breach of these Terms or the documents it incorporates by reference; (d) your negligence or misconduct; or (e) a claim that your use of any Services infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other rights of a third party. CDLLife may, at its sole discretion, assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. The assumption of such defense or control by us, however, shall not excuse any of your indemnity obligations.
THIS WEBSITE AND APP, AND THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, APP AND OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY CDLLIFE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. CDLLIFE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IN NO EVENT WILL CDLLIFE BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION, GOODS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (EVEN IF CDLLIFE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
CDLLIFE TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED BY YOU, ANOTHER USER, OR THIRD PARTY THROUGH OUR SERVICES. CDLLIFE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT THAT MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE, OFFENSIVE, MISLEADING, ILLEGAL, OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE.
We do not warrant that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. There may be delays, errors, defects, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the information or other materials available on or through the Services. CDLLife is not responsible for the availability, use, timeliness, security, validity, accuracy, or reliability of, or the results of the use of, the content of the Services, or other any other website that may be linked to on through the Services.
CDLLife does not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded, or distributed in this Site, or available through links on the Services. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in the Services. Although we take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, Trojans or other malicious software (“malware”) or other destructive materials to the Services, CDLLife does not guarantee or warrant that the Services or materials that may be downloaded from the Services do not contain such contaminating or destructive properties. You understand and agree that any Content, materials, files or information downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Services is at your own discretion and risk and that CDLLife is not liable for any damages or harm to your device or loss of data attributable to such Content, materials, files or information. If you rely on the Services and any materials available through the Services, you do so solely at your own risk. CDLLife is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of any information provided on the Services.
CDLLife provides certain social media services through its App, allowing truckers, trucking-enthusiasts, and other users to share information about their interests and themselves, including their location information. You understand and agree that any Content, materials, or other information that you submit through the App may be viewable and used by others. You also agree that any information you share through the App and any communication you make with other users is done solely at your own risk and that CDLLife is not responsible for any misuse of your information by any other user, or for any harm that you may suffer as a result.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL CDLLIFE, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, BUSINESS PARTNERS, CUSTOMERS AND ANY OTHER AUTHORIZED AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE OF CDLLIFE HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR INJURY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AN INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO CDLLIFE´S SERVICES, THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, AND/OR ANY CONTENT, ANY CONTENT OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED, LICENSED, OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO BY MEANS OF OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSION OR DATA, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT IS SENT OR RECEIVED OR NOT SENT OR RECEIVED, OR ANY USER CONTENT, EVEN IF CDLLIFE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF ANY NEGLIGENCE OF CDLLIFE OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
In those jurisdictions which prohibit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, any such liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. In no event will CDLLife’s aggregate liability for any and all claims related to the Services exceed $100 US or the amount you paid to CDLLife, if any, in the last 12 months, whichever is greater.
We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content provided by you, another user, or third party through our services. CDLLife is not responsible for any content that may be inappropriate, offensive, misleading, illegal, or otherwise objectionable.
- Preventing Unlawful Activity
When requested, we will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity.
- Responding to Lawful Disclosure Requests
We may also be required to disclose your information in response to a lawful and enforceable request by law enforcement, judicial, or other public authorities, or in connection with an enforceable legal obligation. In such instances, we will disclose your Personal Information upon receipt of an enforceable court order, subpoena, or other lawful process, or where otherwise required by law.
- Choice of Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by and construed under the laws of the United States of America, and the State of Missouri, without reference to conflict of laws principles, except where preempted by U.S. federal law.
Any claims or disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms are also governed and construed by the laws of the United States of America, and the State of Missouri. All disputes arising out of or related to these Terms and the Services shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Jackson County, Missouri, and the parties agree and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts.
If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, that provision will be severed from these Terms, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms.
- Complete Terms
Please note that these Terms, along with any other documents incorporated by reference, make up the entire agreement between you and CDLLife. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you. You may not transfer any rights given or obligations borne to you under these Terms without our express consent. We do not waive any provision under these Terms even if it is not enforced.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding these Terms or our practices, you can contact us at:
CDLLife I, LLC
300 E 39th St., Ste. 4K
Kansas City, MO 64111
Email: [email protected]
Effective Date: 02/01/2017