Iowa troopers are asking the trucking community to pay closer attention to their equipment after a trooper encountered a semi with multiple “destroyed” tires.
On Tuesday, January 16, Iowa State Patrol Commercial Motor Vehicle Unit took to social media to call out a truck driver for operating on a snowy road with equipment in less-than-ideal condition.
“Not exactly the way we would like to see a truck driving down snow packed roads! Although it hadn’t fallen apart yet, another tire was also flat in front of the two destroyed ones. In addition, the trailer had no working lights. Be aware of your equipment and pay attention to odd noises or when things don’t feel right!” troopers said.
The post generated hundreds of comments from Facebook users.
See what they had to say below.
- “I am sure he was just trying to limp it to the nearest truck stop 300 miles away.”
- “Making all of us professional drivers look bad. No wonder some people look down on us.”
- “I’m a tow truck operator I saw him earlier on the side of the road due to flat tires as me and my partner were taking 2 cars to Davenport we spotted him again driving with those flat tire with his hazards on I get he may not want to wait but people got to realize tow company’s all over the state are slammed with calls even the heavy wreckers just be patient I understand that’s it’s frustrating to wait on a tow truck or service vehicle but come on now he should have known better.”
- “There is no excuse for that absolutely no excuse.”
- “Maybe look in mirrors once in awhile.”