A popular truck stop chain has announced that it will temporarily provide free truck parking at all locations due to the COVID-19 crisis.
On March 24, Sapp Brothers announced that they were suspending paid parking at all 17 of their truck stop locations in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Sapp Brothers truck stops are located in:
- Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Clearfield, Pennsylvania
- Columbus, Nebraska
- Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Denver Colorado
- Fremont, Nebraska
- Peru, Illinois
- Junction City, Kansas
- Lincoln, Nebraska
- Percival, Iowa
- Odessa, Nebraska
- Ogallala, Nebraska
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Sidney, Nebraska
- York, Nebraska
- Harrisonville, Missouri
Sapp Brothers also shared a list of changes they are making at travel center locations to try to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Reviewed proper hand washing and sanitizing procedures with all employees
- Increased the frequency of hand washing and hand sanitizing by all employees
- Use colored disposable gloves when handling Money
- Use clear gloves when handling or preparing food, preparing coffee/cappuccinos, cleaning any food contact surface, sanitizes the food case at the fuel desk and washing the tongs every hour
- Each time a duty is changed, employees are instructed to change their gloves
- Self-serve donuts are no longer available
- Discontinuing the use of refillable mugs and cups at our beverage stations. No outside mugs or cups can be used. We ask all customers to get a new cup for fountain or coffee beverages.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning any customer touch points (counters, doors/handles, fuel pumps, nozzles, credit card terminals, ATM, rails, tables, chairs, kiosks, etc.)
- Sanitize customer touch points with bleach solution at least every hour
- Deep cleaning of showers after every use to include sanitizing with a bleach solution and solution allowed to air dry prior to next use
- Cleaning the bathrooms minimally every hour to include sanitizing with a bleach solution after cleaning
- Implementing additional hand sanitizing stations