Content Sponsored by Doran
The health of your truck’s tires can spell the difference between a safe and productive workday — or a day of costly downtime and time-consuming roadside repairs.
It’s common knowledge in the trucking industry that “if the wheels aren’t turning, you’re not earning.” That’s why the team at Doran Manufacturing has crafted a robust system to help professional drivers and fleets keep a close eye on their truck’s tires in order to improve efficiency, save money, and protect the company’s most valuable asset — its drivers.
The Doran 360 TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) includes a display that is mounted in the cab of the truck that continuously monitors tire pressure and temperature data received through radio frequency signals transmitted from wireless sensors that are mounted in place on the valve stem caps on each tire.
Drivers can easily monitor the pressure of each individual tire with the press of a button. If something goes wrong, drivers receive real-time in-cab visual and audible alerts to let them know that repair or maintenance is required due to a low-pressure event, rapid deflation, or extreme tire temperatures. Alternately, Doran’s patented “Green Means GoodTM” at-a-glance indicator gives drivers instant confirmation that all tires are properly inflated and ready to hit the road.
The durable system is designed for both traditional dual-tire configurations and single tire applications, and once the system is installed, there are no additional software requirements or monthly maintenance fees.
Eight Ways Truckers Benefit From Choosing Doran 360TM TPMS
- Safety – Improperly inflated tires lead to increased stopping distances and reduced handling capabilities.
- Save time during pre-trip inspections – Manually gauging tires can take up to 20 mins and often provides inaccurate readings. Doran TPMS provides real-time tire inflation pressure readings when the ignition is keyed on.
- Easy installation – The initial installation and programming process only takes about an hour.
- Reduce roadside breakdowns – Tires cause over half of all roadside breakdowns & the average road service call takes over two hours.
- Reduce costs – Maintaining proper tire inflation pressures can lower yearly tire-related expenses by $750-$1,000 per married tractor/trailer combination. The Doran team says that companies can expect to see an estimated return on investment in as little as six to nine months per truck.
- Spend less at the fuel pump – Keeping tires properly inflated will improve fuel economy and decrease tread wear.
- Sail through inspections — Tire violations accounted for 18.6% of all out-of-service vehicle violations during last year’s CVSA International Roadcheck. Keeping a close eye on the state of your tires can reduce the chances of a citation or out-of-service order next time you get inspected.
- Enjoy a money-saving special offer for the CDLLife community – Right now, CDLLife readers can take advantage of a special offer from Doran — click here to save 10% today!
Doran Manufacturing was founded in 1953 and has grown to become one of the leading tire monitoring solutions providers in the U.S.
This is sponsored content.