Trucker Apps: Recap+ Helps Truck Drivers Calculate HOS
Recap+ is an Android app designed for professional truck drivers by a professional truck driver. Recap+ takes the pain and hassle out of figuring your hours of service. Best of all, the app is free!
This is a great app for rookie drivers or anyone who is tired of using a calculator every evening to figure his or her hours.
“Takes the pencil and calculator out of figuring your Daily Recap.”
The app has 4.7 stars, and many happy users. One reviewer wrote, “This is an awesome trucker app, saves time and gives you accurate time recap. Trust me, it is worth downloading!”
Another wrote, “I would have happily paid for this. Well done and thanks.”
From the app’s developer:
What’s new? My main goal was to simplify as much of the end of day logbook processing as I possibly could. The original Recap helped, but it was still necessary to grab a calculator to figure miles driven. I have listened to you, the professional drivers that use my original Recap, and the following requested and time saving features were added:
1) Configurable Hours of Service Rules. Recap + is not limited to the standard US 70 hours in 8 days (70/8). Recap + has 60/7 US Part time, 70/7 Canadian, 70/8 US Standard Full time, 80/8 California local, and the ability to input a customized HOS that isn’t pre-configured. This was the most requested upgrade.
2) Enter starting and ending odometer readings to calculate and display miles driven for each day. The starting odo reading is automatically filled in if there are any previous days that have an ending odo. The ending odo can be entered as the last 3 digits instead of the entire reading.
3) Landscape mode is now supported. No soft keyboard is popped up in landscape mode, it is there for drivers that have devices with slide out keyboards. The ability to choose which soft popup keyboard is used in portrait mode is still there for LG phone users who want to leave their keyboard in the phone.
4) A Gain column has been added to show the driver how many hours they will gain after midnight for most days on the recap grid.
5) Enhanced grid with explanations in the Last 7, Avail, Last 8, and Gain columns, just like in your logbook. The enhanced grid also now displays the professional drivers most needed recap data for TODAY (ie. the last day in the recap grid): 1) how many hours the driver has available to drive today, and 2)how many hours they will pick up at midnight, in two oversized highlighted fields. Once on-duty hours are entered for Today, these fields will be replaced by the regular recap grid fields. Until then, a driver can see this data at a glance. Glance at it in the morning to assist you in your trip planning.
6) The ability to remove the enforcement for quarter hour on-duty hour entries. This will allow users of electronic logs to use Recap +.
7) Since not all logbooks are created equal, and some have a different column layout, Recap + has the ability to rearrange the columns. Please read the help file concerning this setup, as some columns will display different data depending on their position on the recap grid. This is important!
Recap + will initially install to internal memory, but can be moved to SDCard from Home screen/Settings/Applications/Manage applications/Recap +.