FOX Carolina reports that a propane explosion is the cause of a fire at a truck stop in Fair Play, South Carolina.
The explosion occurred at approximately 11:00 a.m. this morning at Bubba’s Truck Stop off Exit 4 on Interstate 85.
Oconee County Fire Chief Charlie King told FOX Carolina that the fire started when a propane line exploded in the kitchen area where the employees were preparing food.
The fire then spread to the dining room. Customers had to be evacuated.
There was one reported injury– The owner of Bubba’s Truck Stop said his granddaughter heard the propane line pop just moments before the explosion. She was taken by helicopter to AnMed with burns to her arms.
The fire took a considerable time to extinguish.