Of all of the foods that are available to truck drivers on the road, eggs are some of the cheapest, easiest to prepare, and tastiest options out there. But did you know that there are some surprising health benefits to eating eggs? Read on to learn how eating more eggs can make you a happier, healthier truck driver.
1. Eggs are an inexpensive source of protein. Protein is essential for good health, but it can be expensive to get enough. Eggs are a good solution, delivering high-quality protein for pennies a serving. Plus, hard boiled eggs are easy to make, easy to store in your truck, and easy to eat.
2. Eating yolks can improve your mood. The choline in egg yolks produces happiness-promoting brain chemicals. The whites are great, but don’t skip the yummy yolks if you want a mood boost after a tough day on the road.
3. Eggs protect your vision. Egg yolks also contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which help to prevent vision loss. Sharp vision is essential for a truck driver, so it makes sense to do everything you can to protect it.
4. Enjoy better bone health. Eggs contain lots of Vitamin D, which helps to keep your bones in great shape. Vitamin D can help prevent osteoporosis and rickets.
5. Eggs improve the way you look. Eggs contain sulfur, which has been shown to make your hair and skin look healthier.
6. You can improve heart health with eggs. If you’re worried about your heart, consider adding eggs to your diet. They contain betaine and choline, which have been shown to improve cardiovascular health.