The Montana Department of Transportation (MDOT) will reopen a pair of rest areas along I-90 next week.
On Monday, May 23, the Quartz Flats Rest Areas located on I-90 between Superior and Alberton are expected to fully reopen following renovations.
The rest areas have been closed for construction since March 2021.
Improvements to the rest areas include:
- Larger parking areas to accommodate increased truck traffic.
- New family-style or single-occupancy restrooms with anti-microbial surfaces to help maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Improved water supply and wastewater systems to increase capacity and reduce waste.
- Highly durable anti-vandalism materials to increase the lifespan of the new restrooms and reduce maintenance.
- Improved lighting, safety features, and heating in common areas.
An estimated 2,441 people use the Quartz Flats Rest Areas every day.