Traffic cameras were rolling in Minnesota on Thursday evening when a truck driver lost his trailers not once but twice on a busy interstate amid rush hour traffic.
The video was captured on September 21, 2023, in Richfield, Minnesota.
In the video, you can see a truck hauling double trailers traveling west on I-494 when the trailers become disconnected from the tractor.
The truck driver stops, corrects the problem, and then police escort the semi truck off of I-494 to Penn Avenue.
As traffic cameras continue to roll, you can see that the trailers become disconnected from the tractor a second time.
Watch the video below.
In a matter of hours, the video has garnered tens of thousands of views. Here’s what viewers had to say.
- “That load said not today sir!”
- “Thats a fifth wheel issue (mechanical failure) thank GOD it wasn’t at 60-70mph. It would’ve been worse. It happened to me ones lucky it was in a yard. Even when you do pre-trip & check the fifth wheel jaws that can happened at anytime.”
- “Not sure what’s going on here. I’ve seen guys drop trailers when they pull away from the dock, but never get this far onto the road. Usually if you miss hook your going to drop the trailer pretty soon. Makes me wonder if it was mechanical failure with the 5th wheel.”
- “Someone didn’t do their tug test!”
- “My worst nightmare.”
- “Maybe that’s why my order is delayed.”
- “The automatic disconnect is malfunctioning. A simple call to the mechanic would have been sufficient to find out how to bypass it.”