David Rogenski, a trash truck driver for Borden Waste-Away Service Inc., in Elkhart, Indiana recently earned national recognition at the Waste & Recycling Association Conference on April 29th, in Atlanta. Rogenski was 1 of 9 drivers, selected from 908 trash truck drivers, as ‘Driver of the Year,’ and winning in the small company category.
David has worked for Borden Waste-Away Service, Inc. for a total of 18 years, and drives an average of 633 miles per week – completing over 6,000 pick-ups.
Drivers are nominated for their excellent safety records, company respect, and customer service standards.
2014 Drivers of the Year:
- Large Commercial: Quemene Perea, Republic Services, Inc.
- Large Industrial: Florentino Castrellon, Republic Services, Inc.
- Large Residential: Johnny Caine, Republic Services, Inc.
- Medium Company: Andrew Czekaj, All Waste Inc.
- Small Company: David Rogenski, Waste-Away Group, Ltd.
- Regional Commercial: James Stoops, Rumpke Consolidated Companies
- Regional Industrial: James D. Hawes, Rumpke Consolidated Companies
- Regional Residential: David Sasser, Rumpke Consolidated Companies
- Public Sector: Daniel Gonzales, City & County of Denver, Colorado
Sign up for the CDLLife Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get today's top trucking news delivered to your inbox.