The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge have released their annual list of the top 20 for-hire North American trucking companies to drive for.
The trucking companies in the top 20 list were all nominated by drivers. From there, driver feedback, interviews with company management, benefits, and advancement opportunities were all taken into consideration to choose the top companies.
The “Best Fleets” contest only considers companies with at least 10 trucks.
“We are proud to recognize the winners of the 2021 Best Fleets to Drive For contest,” shared TCA President John Lyboldt. “In a year where the essential services provided by our industry have come into public focus, it is especially important to acknowledge those carriers who are going above and beyond in setting the standards for workplace satisfaction. Each of the Top 20 winners should take pride in the dedication they have shown to our essential workforce.”
Top 20 For-Hire U.S. Trucking Companies
- American Central Transport – Kansas City, Missouri
- Bison Transport – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation – Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. – Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger – Cambridge, Ontario
- Chief Carriers, Inc. – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Erb Transport – New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. – Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. – Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation, Inc. – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking, Inc. – Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. – Superior, Wisconsin
- Jetco Delivery LLC – Houston, Texas
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. – Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. – Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. – Defiance, Ohio
- Transpro Freight Systems Limited – Milton, Ontario
- Wellington Motor Freight – Aberfoyle, Ontario
- Wilson Logistics, Inc. – Springfield, MO
The TCA and CarriersEdge also released a list of five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions):
- AirTime Express – Mississauga, Ontario
- Boyd Bros. Transportation – Clayton, Alabama
- Carbon Express, Inc. – Wharton, New Jersey
- K & J Trucking – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Western Dairy Transport – Cabool, Missouri
TCA and CarriersEdge also noted that Grand Island Express has achieved 10 consecutive years on the Best Fleets to Drive For list. Garner Trucking was also recognized for 5 consecutive years on the list.
Two overall winners, in large and small fleet categories, will be named during TCA’s Annual Convention in Las Vegas in April.