What’s the first rule of a u-turn? Uh, look both ways?
These are universal u-turn no, nos from Driving School 101:
REMEMBER THE UNIVERSAL U-TURN NO-NOS:
These seem obvious, but you would be surprised how many people forget these basic rules. They apply no matter where you are.
- Never make a U-turn on a railroad crossing
- Never make a U-turn in front of a fire station or its driveway
- Never make a U-turn where you cannot see clearly 200 feet in each direction because of a curve, hill, rain, fog, or any other reason.
- Never make a U-turn where a no U-turn sign is posted
- Always remember to signal at least 100 feet in advance to let other drivers know you plan to turn.
The driver in this video broke a few of these u-turn rules and crashes into an oncoming car.
Drivers, you’ve probably seen a few u-turn idiots. Any u-turn rules we’ve forgotten?