You read last week that Anthony Wayne Azlin, a 44-year-old truck driver from Etta, Mississippi, was found dead in the cab of his vehicle after noon on February 17th in a weigh station near Hope, Arkansas. We want to provide an update to let you know more about the cause of his death.
Accidental Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Strikes Truck Driver
Authorities have determined that Azlin’s death was accidental. A portable generator in his rig was found running at the time Azlin’s body was found, leading them to conclude that accidental carbon monoxide poisoning lead to his death. Authorities discovered the body after Azlin’s father alerted them that his son was missing.
A Silent Risk to Truck Drivers
This time of year, truck drivers should be especially careful to take precautions against carbon monoxide poisoning. To learn more about how a truck driver and his wife narrowly escaped carbon monoxide poisoning, read more here. And we also encourage you to invest in tools to detect and prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, because even one lost truck driver is one too many.