A backyard barbecue or a sweet summertime desert is an essential part of any 4th of July celebration. Whether you’re spending the holiday weekend at home with family and friends or are out on the road, these easy 4th of July inspired slow cooker recipes will help make your meal a little more festive.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Check out this super simple recipe for an all time favorite summer side dish.
- 3 (16 oz.) cans baked beans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup ketchup (or use chili sauce)
- Pour the beans into the slow cooker
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard powder, and ketchup or chili sauce. Add the sauce mixture to the beans and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH for about 2 hours
Try adding any of these to the dish for even more flavor
- 1/2 cup cup of diced raw onions
- 1/2 cup of green or red bell pepper
- 1-2 cups of diced ham
- 1-2 cups Slice spicy or mild smoked sausage or hot dogs
- Few tablespoons of minced jalapeno peppers
Slow Cooker Chili Dogs
Watch this if your craving a classic grill out inspired recipe that only takes a couple of store bought ingredients.
Slow Cooker Apple Pie
Its a holiday so you should treat yourself. This slow cooker dessert is a perfect way to celebrate.
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Spread the apple pie filling in an even layer in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Mix cake mix and melted butter together and spread on top of apple filling.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Any pie filling will work with this recipe- try cherry or peach!
- Top the cake with whip cream or ice cream