The St. Christopher Truckers Fund, with sponsorship from OOIDA, is offering free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccines for all professional over-the-road truck drivers that have a current Class A CDL.
If you print these vouchers and show your Class A CDL, you can receive select vaccines free of charge.
Often times health insurance will cover the cost of vaccines, so if you have insurance check that first before using the vouchers.
Kroger/TLC Vouchers (Electronic Voucher)
Benefits of vaccines for truck drivers
To avoid missing work, truck drivers are specifically advised to get your free vaccines as soon as possible.
If you aren’t on the road, you aren’t making money, so avoid getting sick at all costs.
The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases released a list of the top 10 reasons to be vaccinated. They are as follows:
- Vaccine-preventable diseases haven’t gone away
- Vaccines will help keep you healthy
- Vaccines are as important to your overall health as diet and exercise
- Vaccination can mean the difference between life and death.
- Vaccines are safe
- Vaccines won’t give you the disease they are designed to prevent
- Young and healthy people can get very sick too
- Vaccine-preventable diseases are expensive
- When you get sick, your children, grandchildren, and parents are at risk too
- Your family and co-workers need you